The Best and the Worst Language Dictionaries - for Turkish-English BONUS

A visitor Turkish language, the study of English as a foreign language in the UK, we wrote some time ago for advice which dictionary english for english dictionary to use while studying for his master's examination of the English language. He said his personal preference for dictionaries Rehouse - the UMUC The STOL in particular. But to our surprise, we said that the examiner believed that foreign language Rehouse Dictionaries dictionary english for english Americanized.

The bell rang, and I answered ...

Quote>

Sorry, but the dictionary english for english examiner of a foreign language is wrong. Dictionaries Rehouse out of their way to understand the current use English. I quote: "The dictionary reflects the American viewpoint of the editors, use a vocabulary British however, usually observed meanings, spelling and pronunciation."

And anyway, the Rehouse dictionaries are by far the best of all those available on the market. I particularly recommend the set of 2 high volume, simply titled Rehouse STOL. This is the next step after the UMUC dictionary english for english STOL. Find more details on all two volumes on our "Best Turkish books.

Nothing else comes close to the Rehouse Dictionaries. My CD Edition Rehouse Dictionary is so useful that I leave dictionary english for english it in a CD dictionary english for english-bay all the time on my computer.

Our friend John Ma, who received his Ph.D. ancient civilizations of the University of Oxford, very well dictionary english for english when he said. ". Hopefully the famous library of the University of Oxford had more copies of the Rehouse Dictionaries Always use students and Oxford English-Turkish dictionary Turkish just collects dust. "

But I'll go a little further than John dictionary english to english dictionary for mobile english for english ...

The first English-Turkish dictionary Turkish owned was the "Oxford Concise Dictionary Turkish-English" by AD Calderon and Fair Liz, published in 1959 and reprinted several times until 1985. And I can not think of a worse language dictionary foreign.

I tried to use it for years as she struggled english to in vain to get an idea of withe Turkish language. (I bought my first copy of the Oxford Dictionary for my work dictionary english for english dictionary english for english in the Ankara region in 1976 and my second copy of my bed in 1987 -. Again Ankara) and, except for me to express and understand the standard equipment "I was absolutely amazed by Turkish language all the time.

I have begun to understand and use in Turkish after I dropped the Oxford Dictionary and began to use various editions of the Rehouse and selected Languished success of local specialties - such as commercial and technical dictionaries published by phone. So I'm afraid I disagree with your reviewer to another language. dictionary english for english Deeply.

However, the largest Languished dictionary is an acceptable second choice if the examiner language allows you to use dictionaries of Rehouse. However, Languished dictionary is curiously weak in some spots. And compared to the large volume of 2-Set Rehouse Dictionary (which has 160,000 entries in each book), the Languished dictionary english for english dictionary is small (with only 80,000 entries).

Nonetheless ... whatever you do, avoid the "Concise  dictionary english for english Dictionary of Turkish language" mentioned. This is terrible.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment